The Blairmore Community Garden is now owned by the community and was a former stop for drovers from the west as well as being visited by picnic parties who disembarked from steamers calling at the nearby pier. The pier itself is privately owned but open to the public, and still attracts visits from the paddle-steamer Waverley during the summer months. The garden is still a good spot to enjoy a picnic and there are views of the Firth of Clyde from the top of the hill. Note the nearby “parliament of owls”
This is where the cache was hidden, a very large bug house:
On the way back we stopped off at Eachaig Bridge to get another cache and this is the description from the geocaching site:
Eachaig Bridge, a single-span wrought iron double warren lattice truss bridge was built in 1885 to replace an earlier timber bridge and accommodate heavier traffic. There is an increasing rarity of unaltered wrought iron bridges, of which this is a good example, with interesting details. The bridge also reflects the late 19th century increase in road traffic, as scenic excursions from Dunoon north became more popular.